HOLIDAY DECORATING DON'Ts
From the experts at HouseBeautiful.com:
• Don't mix up presents - Write out the tags as soon as you wrap the gifts so there's not an embarrassing mix up.
• Don't let the Christmas lights become a safety hazard - Watch out for loose bulbs or protruding wire.
• Don't go overboard - When it comes to Christmas decorations, less is more.
• Don't expect things to be perfect - No matter how far you plan ahead, something will go wrong.
• Don't keep your Christmas lights on all night - hey say this one could be bad for your relationship with your neighbors.
• Don't use disposable silverware for holiday dinners.
• Don't limit yourself to red and green - Hues like gold, pink, and navy blue can work, too.
• Don't think that poinsettias are poisonous. - Yes, they'll upset your stomach if you ingest them in high quantities, but it won't kill you. Still, keep them out of the range of children or pets just to be safe.
• Don't ignore the powder room - With company dropping by, make sure your guest bathroom is clean. Toilet paper, clean towels, soap... you know the drill.
• Don't have your Christmas tree up at Valentines Day.
Return to: Staff Blog